Arm Marathon Foundation organizes a number of running events in Armenia throughout the year. Our most festive and fun event happens in December. Join our Yerevan New Year Run, to run and help. Important information about the run :
- All profits of the event go to selected charity project
- Runners get santa outfit for the run
- Aimed to promote healthy lifestyle in Armenia
- Aimed to promote sports tourism in Armenia
- Open to all runners, distances include 1km for kids, 1,7km*3 relay for teams and 5km individual
- All finishers get beautiful medals
YEREVAN NEW YEAR RUN AT A GLANCE
at a Glance
Yerevan New Year Run is an annual fun run organized in Yerevan, capital of Armenia, to support charity projects.
New Year Run is organized by Arm Marathon Foundation, Yerevan City Administration, TriClub multisport club.
The Marathon starts in the very center of Yerevan, on the Republic square. Route takes runners through very center of Yerevan.
Event is open to runners of all abilities, they can choose from one of the four distances
- 1km kids run - for children from 3 to 12 years (children under 7 years must be accompanied by parents)
- 5km - for participants 13 years old and older
- 3*1,7km Relay - for teams of three runners, for participants 13 years old and older
Yerevan New Year Run is a fun charity running event organized in the center of Yerevan.
- 5km - for runners 13 years old and older
- 3*1,7km Relay - for teams of three runners 13 years old and older
- 1km kids run - for children on 3 to 12 years (children under 7 years must be accompanied by parents)
For age limitation and age group award purposes participant’s age is determined as of December 31, 2018. Race Time Limit: 1 hour
REGISTRATION & ENTRY FEES
- Participation fee amounts to 6 000 drams for each participant, independent of the distance. (1km - 6000 drams, 5km - 6000 drams, Relay - 18000 drams)
- The participation fee covers the route, Santa outfit, finisher’s medal, award ceremony.
- The participation fee is not refundable.
To pick up the starting pack participants need to present a valid ID. Starting pack can be picked up on December 22 from 14:00 to 20:00. Location TBA
Start, Course, and finish
- Start Date: December 23, 2018.
- Start and Finish Location: Republic square, Yerevan, Armenia.
- Official Route of 5-km run and 3*1,7km Relay goes in three loops through central streets of Yerevan.
- 1km kids run route goes through smaller loop, includes Republic square and nearby streets.
- Race Time Limit: 1 hour for 5km and relay, 20 minutes for 1km kids run
First aid is available at the start/finish location Within the race course if you see an injured person, please inform the medical staff or organization team.
Rules and regulations
December 23, 2018
10:00 — start-finish area is open
10:30 — 1 km kids run start
11:00 — start of the 5 km and 3*1,7km relay run
12:00 — close of the running route
12:30 — close of start-finish area
This year Yerevan New Year Run is helping Mine-Free Artsakh project implemented by One Armenia NGO.
ONE ARMENIA’s message: Artsakh (Nagorno-Karabakh) is one of the most heavily mined regions in the world.
We are supporting the HALO Trust’s demining efforts for the next 2 years to end the senseless killing of civilians, and to open the path to Artsakh’s future economic development.
THANKS TO AN ANONYMOUS DONOR EVERY DONATION IS DOUBLED
Estimated Impact: 200 local people hired by HALO, for a total workforce of 400+ Artsakhis.
The Arm Marathon team thanks you for your decision to volunteer at the upcoming race. Let’s make this event a real celebration for athletes, residents and visitors of Yerevan!
Every large and small sports event needs volunteers to make it happen, volunteers contribution is priceless. Our race is no exception, we count on volunteers to help Yerevan New Year Run to happen.
If you are friendly and responsible, if you like helping people, and support healthy lifestyle — join us as a volunteer!
Based on our experience of previous years we see that many of our volunteers get inspired and run our follow-up races! If you are already into sports but cannot participate in the race this year for some reason, join as a volunteer — you know better than anyone else how important it is to get timely help, a cup of water or a well-deserved medal at the finish line! Each volunteer will receive a volunteer certificate!
If you are interested in volunteering at this year’s Yerevan Half Marathon, please submit your application below. We will contact you to discuss further steps.
Yerevan New Year Run is organized by Arm Marathon Foundation, Yerevan City Administration and TriClub multisport club.
Our organizational team consists of professional sport event organizers, who are also enthusiasts of cyclical sports and especially running. We love running – this is probably the most important thing about us and we want our city and country to love it as much as we do.
Every year we work to make our events meaningful in many ways:
- we strive to bring the most professionalism to our events with precise routes, timing equipment and fair sportsmanship available to all participants,
- we want to help those in need, all our events have charity component in them,
- we want to bring more tourists to Armenia by offering exceptional service, through world class event organization and management.