Arm Marathon Foundation organizes a number of running events in Armenia throughout the year. Yerevan Spring Run is the first event of the year on April 28, 2019, opening the running season. What is important to know about the run:
- fully charity event, all profit of the event will go to help children with cerebral palsy
- aimed to promote healthy lifestyle
- aimed to promote sports tourism
- open to runners with all abilities, distances from 1km for kids to 10km
- measured by professional timing equipment.
YEREVAN SPRING RUN AT A GLANCE
Yerevan Spring Run is a charity running event organized in Yerevan at the end of April - beginning of May. Organizers of the event include Arm Marathon Foundation, Armenian Mothers NGO, Yerevan City Administration.
All profit of the Yerevan Spring Run are donated to Armenian Mothers NGO, a non-profit organization, helping children with cerebral palsy and their families. In 2019 all profit will be donated to purchase rehabilitation furniture for children with cerebral palsy who live in regions of Armenia.
Yerevan Spring Run is organized in one of the most beautiful parts of Yerevan, Hrazdan River Gorge. 5km, 10km and Relay runs are measure with precise timing equipment.
Event is open to runners of all abilities, they can choose from one of the four distances:
- 1km kids run - for children on 3 to 12 years (children under 7 years must be accompanied by parents)
- 5km - for runners 13 years old and older
- 10km - for runners 16 years old and older
- 4*2,5km Relay run - team run, for runners 13 years old and older
We organize Yerevan Spring Run together with "Armenian Mothers" NGO, to help children with cerebral palsy to get necessary medical treatment and rehabilitation. "Armenian Mothers" NGO is operating since 2012 and has helped more than 270 children and their families. The NGO helps by providing special rehabilitation procedures, physical trainings, it provides with special orthopedic shoes and home training equipment to help children develop their abilities. Often such children come from financially disadvantaged families, very often with only one parent, where the parent has to stay home full-time to take care of the child. Armenian Mothers NGO, not only helps with rehabilitation treatment, but also strives to create opportunities for parents to learn new professions and skills, find employment, which they could combine with childcare.
The goal of 2019 Bank Yerevan Spring Run is to purchase necessary rehabilitation furniture for children with cerebral palsy living in region of Armenia.